//

Does T-Mobile provide official unlock

Does T-Mobile provide official unlock discussie in Odido (T-Mobile) forum; ( verdwijnt na registratie ) I live in Finland, but I might soon be moving to Amsterdam. After that, I will mostly likely travel quite a bit between the two ...

Ga terug   iPhone, iPod touch, iPad en Apple TV forum > Bellen en internet > Providers Nederland > Odido (T-Mobile)
Wachtwoord vergeten? Registreren!
Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Kalender Zoeken Berichten van vandaag Markeer forums als gelezen
Oud 30-09-10, 01:53
• iOS 4.1
• Besturingssysteem: Mac OS X

Standaard Does T-Mobile provide official unlock

I live in Finland, but I might soon be moving to Amsterdam. After that, I will mostly likely travel quite a bit between the two countries. For this reason, I want an unlocked iPhone so I can always use a local SIM card. And as I use iOS beta versions, I need an official unlock.

Does T-Mobile provide an official unlock, if you give them a reason (such as spending a lot of time abroad)? I would naturally keep the 1 or 2 year contract, so they still get their money?

The reason I am asking, is that I can buy an unlocked iPhone 4 here (589€ for the 16GB model, 689€ for 32GB). I know that if you show up with an existing phone, in some countries you get cheaper monthly contracts. In that scenario buying the unlocked iPhone here would make sense. But in some other countries you pay pretty much the same monthly fees regardless if you are also taking a phone or already had it with you. And in this case it would essentially mean paying twice for the device.
Advertentie
Advertentie Gesponsorde links (verdwijnt na registratie)

Oud 30-09-10, 02:12
midego's schermafbeelding
• iOS 5.0

Standaard

Yes if you want it instantly it will cost 120 euro.
Oud 30-09-10, 02:34
• iOS 4.1

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door midego Bekijk bericht
Yes if you want it instantly it will cost 120 euro.
OK, thanks for the info.

I think I would be fine with the i-150 iPhone contract, which is 30€/month and then the 16GB iPhone 4 would be 170€. So, now I know my options are to
- either factor 120€ on top of that for the unlock,
- or buy the phone from here and hopefully get a monthly plan which is cheaper than 30€/month

By the way, do any of the Dutch carriers offer a dual SIM? I mean two SIM cards for one contract, which would let me use the same contract for both an iPhone and an iPad?
Oud 30-09-10, 09:36
wouter1981's schermafbeelding
• iOS 9.2
• Besturingssysteem: Windows

Standaard

T-Mobile offers dual SIM. I believe the cost for this is €15. With this you are not allowed to use it for eg the iPad.
Vodafone offers a SIM only 300 minutes/text including data for €12,95

Laatst gewijzigd door wouter1981; 30-09-10 om 09:43.
Reageren

Er zijn 1 actieve gebruikers die momenteel deze discussie bekijken (0 leden en 1 gasten)

Discussietools
Weergave

Soortgelijke discussies

Discussie Auteur Forum Reacties Laatste bericht
iPhone 3GS: Wordt mijn baseband geupgrade als ik unlock via itunes(officiele t-mobile unlock)? Hunter20 Unlock 5 21-01-11 16:52
iOS 4.1 GM of 4.1 official Kaasschaaf iPhone algemeen 3 09-09-10 17:47
iPhone 3G: Unlock bij T-Mobile maar geen T-Mobile klant? sanders Unlock 10 29-04-10 19:07
The Official Wallpaper topic Gilliam Archief 2 23-02-09 12:00
Orange Iphone 1.1.3. official unlock werkt niet kastelep Archief 5 28-01-08 14:44

Regels voor berichten