//

please help newbie....

please help newbie.... discussie in Unlock [archief] forum; ( verdwijnt na registratie ) apologies for writing in english...but my written dutch is not that great.. i am thinjking of getting the iphone in few weeks time when I ...

Ga terug   iPhone, iPod touch, iPad en Apple TV forum > Archief > Archief > Unlock [archief]
Wachtwoord vergeten? Registreren!
Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Kalender Zoeken Berichten van vandaag Markeer forums als gelezen
Oud 13-11-07, 10:14
• iOS
• Besturingssysteem: MacOS X

Standaard please help newbie....

apologies for writing in english...but my written dutch is not that great..
i am thinjking of getting the iphone in few weeks time when I go to USA. Dollar vs. euro rate is great and phone would only cost some 270 euros.
here come the questions....
1. how easy is it to activate the phone? I keep on reading about the unblocking software....and that all works automatically, but how do I actiavte it?
2. when the iPhone becomes available in NL, will I be able to run normal firmware updates without being afraid that the phone will go black...providing I get a phone number of the provider iPhone in NL?
3. get it now, or wait for NL? Any idea when this will be? Jan/feb or more may/june 08?
4. if i buy it in US, can I also crack it there, or do I have to wait until I am back in NL?
many questions...and surely there will be more...please help, and please be patient with me.
thanks,
p
Advertentie
Advertentie Gesponsorde links (verdwijnt na registratie)

Oud 13-11-07, 12:44
Stiruam's schermafbeelding
• iOS 7.1
• Ik heb geen iPad
• Besturingssysteem: Mac OS X

Standaard

Hey ppolla,

Haha where are you from..?
1. Anyways, unlocking is quite easy (for now) there are several ways of unlocking though i dont own an iPhone yet so i cannot help you there.
2. i dont think upgrading your iPhone's firmware would be a smart thing to do... it might brick your iPhone or harm it in any other way, so you might wanna wait untill somebody find a new way of jailbreaking/Unlocking a new firmware befor upgrading to a new firmware. But then again as i cant tell you anything about Apple's plans for the future
3. If you want a cheap unlockable iPhone get an US iPhone, if you want an expensive already unlocked or sim locked (to a dutch provider) iPhone you might wanna wait for any Updates about the release date of the Dutch iPhone... (I think they'll release the iPhone around February or May 08)
4. its possible to crack your iPhone in the US (or any other country) as long as you have a PC or Mac to downgrade the new 1.1.2. If your firmware is below 1.1.2 you can crack/jailbreak your iPhone by surfing to AppSnapp on your iPhone.

Again, i dont own an iPhone yet so wait for more comments by experienced iPhone Unlockers...! They might be able to help you further!

Greetz, Stiruam

P.s. You Might like to check out this English Community: iPhone - Hackint0sh

Laatst gewijzigd door Stiruam; 13-11-07 om 13:09.
Oud 13-11-07, 21:02
• iOS
• Besturingssysteem: MacOS X

Standaard

Thank you Stiruam.

Does this mean that I will always be left with the basic firmware? or I just need to wait until the hack comes and will then always be able to unlock?

Does anyone have any idea how to activate the phone?

I have seen a number of unlock methods by which you only need to download a program, and it does all steps for you....

I am still not sure if I should get one now....or wait for a legitimate dutch iPhone.....

Thoughts anyone?

P
Oud 18-11-07, 15:17
Stiruam's schermafbeelding
• iOS 7.1
• Ik heb geen iPad
• Besturingssysteem: Mac OS X

Standaard

Your welkom

Sorry For the late response,

Nope you'll just haver to wait untill that firmware is cracked again! Then U'll be able to update safely.

To activate try to jailbreak your iPhone! (Surf to AppSnapp (on your iPhone))

Greetz, Stiruam

Er zijn 1 actieve gebruikers die momenteel deze discussie bekijken (0 leden en 1 gasten)

Discussietools
Weergave

Soortgelijke discussies

Discussie Auteur Forum Reacties Laatste bericht
iPhone 3GS: Unlock AT&T 4.3.2 (newbie) bramarb Unlock 1 06-05-11 11:24
iPhone 3GS: Newbie vraag over Hacktiveren Dons Unlock 1 08-08-10 18:52
London (newbie, help!) elektroshokk Internet in buitenland (roaming) 2 28-07-10 00:45
Iphone newbie vraagje Leonk Archief 2 03-10-08 18:20
iphone-newbie vraag i.v.m problemen macsterdam Unlock [archief] 5 07-12-07 14:52

Regels voor berichten