//

bringing a (legally) unlocked iPhone to NL

bringing a (legally) unlocked iPhone to NL discussie in Odido (T-Mobile) forum; ( verdwijnt na registratie ) Hi, and apologies for using English, My wife and I will be living in Amsterdam from January to July of 2011. If we want to ...

Ga terug   iPhone, iPod touch, iPad en Apple TV forum > Bellen en internet > Providers Nederland > Odido (T-Mobile)
Wachtwoord vergeten? Registreren!
Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Kalender Zoeken Berichten van vandaag Markeer forums als gelezen

Bekijk resultaten enquête: Which choice is better?

buy phones in NL with 1-year contract, then break contract & jailbreak 0 0%
buy unlocked phones in Canada, get pay-as-you-go SIM in NL 4 100,00%
Aantal stemmers: 4. Je mag niet stemmen in deze enquête

Reageren

Discussietools Weergave
Oud 18-11-10, 09:07
• iOS 3.1.3
• Besturingssysteem: Linux

Question bringing a (legally) unlocked iPhone to NL

Hi, and apologies for using English,

My wife and I will be living in Amsterdam from January to July of 2011. If we want to have iPhone 4's while we're there, what is our best option?

1) Buy a new pair of iPhone 4s from T-Mobile.nl (or another carrier) with a 1-year contract? Then break the contract after 7 months, and bring the phones back to the USA and try to jailbreak/unlock them so we can then use the phones with T-Mobile.usa...

OR

2) Buy a new pair of legally unlocked iPhones from Canada, bring them with us to NL, and get a SIM from a Dutch carrier that gives us phone and data on a month-to-month basis. Then bring the phones back home and use with AT&T or whoever.

If we try #2, what carrier do you recommend?

Thanks!
Boston, MA
Advertentie
Advertentie Gesponsorde links (verdwijnt na registratie)

Oud 18-11-10, 09:30
remundo7000's schermafbeelding
• iOS 15.0.1
• Ik heb geen iPad
• Besturingssysteem: OS X

Standaard

Definitely option 2! Also, in two weeks time all dutch carriers will be selling iphones and iPhone plans. There is an overview on this very website, i'll see if i can find it.
It's in dutch obviously, but you can use Google translate or some service like that.

Edit: and here it is!
iPhone kopen in Nederland: prijzen, abonnementen en simlockvrij

Laatst gewijzigd door remundo7000; 18-11-10 om 09:34.
Oud 18-11-10, 09:32
wouter1981's schermafbeelding
• iOS 9.2
• Besturingssysteem: Windows

Standaard

My advise would be to buy them in Canada. They're cheap there. And they are unlocked.

If you buy a dutch iPhone it'll be locked. And T-Mobile, for example, charges 70 euros after 6 months for an official unlock.
I'm not even sure if you will be able to sign a contract...

And if you have a chance, bring an extra iPhone 4. I would like one ;-)

Laatst gewijzigd door wouter1981; 18-11-10 om 09:37.
Oud 27-11-10, 15:23
• iOS 5.0.1
• Ik heb geen iPad
• Besturingssysteem: Mac OS X

Standaard

Option 2 (no warranty issues)

for 6 months you cant sign a contract with a provider here. So I would say use Vodafone Prepaid, internet cost €9.50 a month and then also the minutes charged for calling and sending sms.
Reageren

Er zijn 1 actieve gebruikers die momenteel deze discussie bekijken (0 leden en 1 gasten)

Discussietools
Weergave

Soortgelijke discussies

Discussie Auteur Forum Reacties Laatste bericht
Korte Versie Unlocked 1.0.2 naar unlocked 1.1.1 (WIN) Dien Unlock [archief] 91 04-01-08 14:12
unlocked 1.0.2 naar unlocked 1.1.2 voor Mac? berommen Unlock [archief] 6 28-11-07 02:33
iPhone 1.0.2. unlocked MAC naar 1.1.1. unlocked efefes Unlock [archief] 2 13-11-07 15:20
MacOSX: Handleiding van unlocked 1.0.2 naar unlocked 1.1.1 MacFoxx Unlock [archief] 30 12-11-07 18:56

Regels voor berichten