//

Since software update, prepaid internet doesn't work! Need "mobile data account"

Since software update, prepaid internet doesn't work! Need "mobile data account" discussie in iPad algemeen forum; ( verdwijnt na registratie ) I hope no one minds if I write this in English (I am an American living in Holland). But if anyone has an answer for ...

Ga terug   iPhone, iPod touch, iPad en Apple TV forum > iPad > iPad algemeen
Wachtwoord vergeten? Registreren!
Registreer FAQ Ledenlijst Kalender Zoeken Berichten van vandaag Markeer forums als gelezen
Oud 16-01-12, 17:26
• iOS 5.0.1
• Besturingssysteem: Windows

Standaard Since software update, prepaid internet doesn't work! Need "mobile data account"

I hope no one minds if I write this in English (I am an American living in Holland). But if anyone has an answer for me, please FEEL FREE to answer in Dutch if that is easier (my husband can translate for me).

I have had an iPad 3G for more than a year now. I did not get it with a SIM card, since I expected to use almost completely at home, where we have wireless internet. Eventually, I decided it would be handy to be able to take it on the road, and signed up for pre-paid Internet with KPN. That worked fine, until the last big iPad software update. Since then, whenever I try to make a connection outside the house, I get the following message…

Mobile Data Account
You have not signed up for a data plan.
Would you like to set up a new account?
If you don’t, you can do it later in Settings.

…with the options of ‘Later’ or ‘Now’ to press. If I press Now, I get a screen “Please wait while the page is loading – this should only take a few seconds to complete.” But it never does, the ball just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning….

To my mind, with pre-paid internet I should not HAVE to set up a Mobile Data Account in the first place. I’ve checked with KPN, and my account is completely in order. I’ve checked with the local Apple store, and the geniuses say they’ve never seen this. Can anyone help me?
Advertentie
Advertentie Gesponsorde links (verdwijnt na registratie)

Oud 31-03-12, 10:14
chaser2600's schermafbeelding
• iOS 5.1
• Besturingssysteem: Mac OS X

Stuur een bericht via MSN naar chaser2600
Standaard

Did you already resolve the issue?
I just got a new ipad and also a KPN prepaid simcard and I have exactly the same issue.
So far I did not found a way to resolve this.
Oud 31-03-12, 15:41
iWiefring's schermafbeelding

• Ik heb geen iPad

Stuur een bericht via MSN naar iWiefring
Standaard

Does a friend of you maybe has his/her own iPad 3G/iPad 2 3G/iPad 3 4G on which you can test that it doesn't make any difference when you use it on another iPad, because if it does. Maybe there's a problem with the SIM-card.
Oud 31-03-12, 20:09

Standaard

I had the same problem after update. Somehow the update changed my Vodafone settings. Look in tlhe setting section and change the settings into the proper ones according to your provider's website.
Oud 31-03-12, 21:46
chaser2600's schermafbeelding
• iOS 5.1

Stuur een bericht via MSN naar chaser2600
Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door ruudverschoor Bekijk bericht
I had the same problem after update. Somehow the update changed my Vodafone settings. Look in tlhe setting section and change the settings into the proper ones according to your provider's website.
Die staan dus al goed :-/

---------- Bericht automatisch samengevoegd op 31 maart 2012 om 21:54 ----------

Fixed. Nunstond er wel de verkeerde apn.
Aangepast en het werkt nu.
Had de datacennectie nu een tijdje aangelaten ondanks dat hij niet werkte.
Wellicht moest ie nog de carrier settings bennenhalen ofzo ?
Oud 05-04-12, 20:04
• iOS 5.1

Standaard

I had the same problem. Please use prepaidinternet at APN, in staid of fastinternet.
Reageren

Labels
account, data, kpn, mobile

Er zijn 1 actieve gebruikers die momenteel deze discussie bekijken (0 leden en 1 gasten)

Discussietools
Weergave

Soortgelijke discussies

Discussie Auteur Forum Reacties Laatste bericht
complete update cydia, blijft hangen op "reloading data" whazzzup Jailbreak apps en thema's 2 23-06-10 22:24
Probleem met "Navigon Europe" "Live Traffic" na update naar 1.4 iPhony Archief 0 18-12-09 19:28
instellen iphone "gewoon" internet t mobile remisc Archief 4 15-12-09 18:05
In eens geen "internet/email" meer,data verbinding. andre-nl Overige providers Nederland 3 30-09-09 16:06
"This accessory is not made to work with Iphone" Oplossing? Bosje iPhone accessoires en onderdelen 2 11-05-08 20:12

Regels voor berichten